Ask any man who has ever had to buy an engagement ring for his fiance, or any man who has had to buy diamonds in general. The piece of rock that is extremely tiny probably made them think once or twice about buying anything else for the next few months after. It is amazing the price of diamonds these days. Having taken a resource conflicts class while in college, i was made well aware of where the diamond industry found it origins. I also understand the human element and cost.
However, from a marketing standpoint diamonds are increasingly becoming more and more valuable so much that it has become almost a huge scam. Over inflation year over year while there is no need for the price increase. There seems to be no shortness of supply, and the ways that they mine and make the diamonds is becoming incrementally cheaper for the big brands of diamonds. Diamonds are really not forever, when you sit down and think about how often that loved one is going to want additions to it to make it look more glamorous. We must always remember as either men or women that the diamond is still at its foundation, a rock. A clear rock. Furthermore, what we as MEN must remember, is the true value of providing happiness to the woman that we each care for.
- On the economics of diamonds, the biggest marketing scam in history by the world’s most successful and enduring cartel (aei-ideas.org)
- Dubai to Open Diamond Control Office (futuromarketsonline.wordpress.com)
- Diamonds Are The World’s Biggest Scam? (outsidethebeltway.com)
- Diamonds Are Forever – Or Not: What That Engagement Ring Is Really Worth (madamenoire.com)
- Diamond Prices (cashfordiamondsblog.wordpress.com)